Columbus Ohio Domestic Violence Attorneys
Domestic violence (also commonly known as domestic abuse, spousal abuse, or intimate partner violence) often refers to violence between spouses, or spousal abuse but can also include cohabitants and other intimate relationships. Domestic violence or abuse occurs in all cultures. People of any race, ethnicity, gender, or social and economic class can be victims of or perpetrators of domestic abuse.
Domestic Violence Statistics
- In the majority of domestic violence cases, the victims are women.
- The majority of emergency care for women is caused by domestic violence.
- Urban hospitals report domestic violence revisit rates of 25%.
- When domestic violence results in murder, more than two-thirds of the victims are women.
- Child who grow up in homes witnessing domestic violence are more likely to be violent, suffer from anxiety, and have a higher risk of suicide and juvenile delinquency.
- Domestic violence costs the United States more than $500 billion annually.
- More than half of all women who are victims of domestic violence suffer in silence.
- 32% of Americans admit to knowing a domestic violence victim within the past year.
- More than 8% of domestic violence cases involve acts of domestic violence towards pregnant women.
Our criminal defense attorneys have represented many people accused of domestic violence. If you have been accused of domestic violence, you will need an experienced Ohio criminal defense attorney. Call the Columbus Ohio domestic violence defense attorneys of Yavitch & Palmer at 614-224-6142 to arrange an appointment or contact the firm online.