Defending Your Corporate Crime
Ohio business and corporate crime
The Ohio criminal defense lawyers at Yavitch & Palmer are skilled and fluent in the specialized area of business and corporate criminal law, otherwise referred to as white collar crime. This area of law is intricate and you should have an experienced white collar crime lawyer who understand the complexity of your case.
Federal and state white collar crimes
White collar crimes, federal or state, are committed in a corporate or business environment. Some common types of white collar crime include:
- Bank fraud – Any type of fraud perpetrated against a bank including mortgage, loan and check fraud
- Racketeering / RICO – an illegal business, usually run as part of organized crime
- Extortion – unlawfully obtaining either money, property or services from a person, entity, or institution, through coercion
- Bribery – Exchanging money for compliant behavior from another party
- Credit card fraud – Utilizing another person’s credit card without their knowledge or consent to buy goods and/or services
- Insurance fraud – Deceiving insurance companies by filing false or doctored medical claims
- Tax evasion – Knowingly filing inaccurate tax returns, neglecting to report income on tax returns or failing to file them at all
- Internet fraud or Cyber Crimes – Defrauding other people via the use of the internet
- Money laundering – Passing money received from illegal activities via an active and legal business operation
- Embezzlement – Taking funds or products for your personal use that is really earmarked for business purposes
- Securities fraud – Managing the stock market in an unfair manner or insider trading
- Identity Theft – Pretending to be someone else in order to steal money, engage in credit card or internet fraud, or get other benefits
Yavitch & Palmer can help you
A white collar crime charge is extremely serious; therefore, you will need serious legal support. To ensure we have a solid team working on your white collar crime case, we surround ourselves with professionals from all areas of business including, accountants, bankers, insurance and business analysts.
Call us today at 614-224-6142 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to hearing about the specifics of your case and sharing with you the most aggressive and efficient legal strategies we can devise. The Ohio white collar crime attorneys at Yavitch & Palmer are here to help.