Cyber & Internet Crime
Computer and Internet Fraud and Cyber Crimes in Ohio
The Ohio white collar criminal defense lawyers of Yavitch & Palmer will represent you with integrity and professionalism if you have been charged with a “cyber crime,” that is, computer or Internet crime. We live in a technology-driven society. With computers’ endless capabilities, the odds of your being wrongfully accused are higher than ever. Our white collar crime attorneys are well-versed in this type of law and we can help you effectively deal with this particular type of criminal charge.
What is computer and Internet fraud?
If you utilize a computer or the Internet to facilitate activities that violate the law, you are committing fraud. Below are some examples of computer and Internet fraud:
- Attempt to physically destroy a computer
- Possession, distribution, or creation of internet and/or child pornography
- Gain privileged access to a computer or network system – also known as hacking
- Change, use, share, duplicate or steal computer programs or information – includes stealing a company’s trade secrets, copyrighted music or films
- Infect a computer system with a virus
- Prevent someone else from utilizing or accessing a computer
- Obtain illegal internet service – occurs when a computer hacker accesses online services belonging to someone else and utilizes them without paying, including online banking services and email accounts
Cyber Crime Penalties
The penalties for computer and Internet fraud can be extreme, ranging from hefty fines to lengthy jail sentences. The Columbus criminal defense lawyers practicing at Yavitch & Palmer Co., L.P.A. in Ohio have the legal know-how to examine your case and apprise you of the best course of legal action. Call us today to schedule your initial consultation at 614-224-6142 or simply fill out our online contact form.